Once this part is done (I'm a nervous wreck!) I believe they will start planning out the course of action for his Norwood surgery procedure, which is the first of three open heart surgeries our tough little guy will have to go through. From there we will just start the "preparing/planning process for his arrival). I've written down over 40 questions for just my next visit to the specialist and cardiologist. I hope that doesn't drive my doctors crazy. :/ My head is literally swimming this past few weeks about everything. It's crazy how you can go from planning a healthy happy baby and delivery and wondering "oh man, if my hospital is going to be Parkridge now since Hutcheson (local hospitals in NW Georgia) shut their delivery wing down, am I going to make it to the hospital in time if I go into labor at home/out"...to... "You will have to deliver down at Grady or Emory in Atlanta". (Almost 2 hours away!!) Not only that, but as soon as I have him his time clock starts ticking on his life. That's a lot of stress for a momma to bear. :( Then you have to worry about the long hospital stay, your life you've left behind at home during that time (our little girls, our home, bills etc.). I have never had to leave my sweet little girls for very long at all and that's going to be a whole new worry in it's own. :( On the plus side I have found cheaper car insurance (by $100!) and finding ways to cut back and try to save. I just hate the unknown....it scares me to death.
I am praying and hoping and believing every day that God can and will get us through this. He's going to be with us through the end and we'll hopefully get scheduled and down to ATL for a planned induction around 39 weeks if little man holds out that long. If not, Erlanger downtown it is, then being airlifted we'll go. I'm just praying everything goes "as planned"... Will update again after we talk with the prenatal cardiologist to get a real idea on how severe his case and all that hopefully Monday.